Karla's blog

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. ~Proverbs 31:10~

Monday, May 08, 2006

Joshua Thompson's Letter From April 2006

Beloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Psalms 1:1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in THE LAW OF THE LORD, AND IS HIS LAW doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree…

Psalms 119:1-2
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in THE LAW OF THE LORD. Blessed are they that keep his TESTIMONIES, and that seek him with the WHOLE HEART.

How quickly the months come and go; it never ceases to amaze me just how quickly they are passed and it is time to write you dear brothers again. Truly I know that Father has caused His face to shine upon us. He has blessed every step of the way, has comforted us with His Spirit, has guided us with His Word, has given us brothers and sisters to share our burdens and cares. How I long to be blessed of Father; it is the sole purpose of my life and only because of His favor and mercies can we rejoice with exceeding great joy while the lost have never tasted this joy or peace. Over and over and over again I have faced terrible battles where all hope seemed lost and yet not once was I defeated or cast down. Father has done great things on our behalf, on what seems a daily basis.
Father has given me a new job here; one of two where I can study, sing, pray and write without disruption. I sit on the only remaining picnic table on the unit. It is far away from the other men and noises. It is hard to believe it is real. I am most grateful for the opportunity Father has given me to clean the sewer screens every couple of hours. My former boss has gone out of his way to assist me and help me. Father has granted me favor in his eyes though it seemed as if our friendship was lost.
We have spent the last three weeks in lockdown and every single week I received a visit from a pastor. Pastor Sylvester Matthews of Mesquite, Texas; Missionary Dave Hoffmeister of Alaska and Missionary Matt Allen of Papua New Guinea stopped by to encourage me and lift me up. I wish you could see the inmates gathering around me asking of my visits, who had come to see me, what we had talked about, and when they were coming back. Though they have never received a pastoral visit they are as excited as I that someone would care for me enough to sacrifice their time and money for the trip. When mail is delayed they want to know if my brothers have forgotten me and if they still care. You never know the impact you have on the world and on these men by living unto Christ. When my wife arrives an hour late for a visit (she comes every week), they all want to know if she is upset or if we are having marital problems. It seems at times I can not reach them. Their hearts have become so hardened; most of these men have already done ten to fifteen years and will do at least the same before they see parole. The guards whom I have never spoken to or witnessed to have asked me about my wife and our marriage. They cannot understand her love and faithfulness to me. Even the maintenance supervisor and employees will find me and interrogate me about her and the pastors who came to visit me and where they are from. They want to know. You should see their faces when I say from Alaska, Papua New Guinea or Pennsylvania- Pastor Keenan and his son.
My heart is over whelmed, and I weep to think of Pastor Matthews, Pastor Hoffmeister, and Pastor Allen’s visits this past month. They could have passed on by. They are all very busy and have made great sacrifices on my behalf. I now have tasted of the promises of Christ made to Peter when Peter stated they had left all to follow Him. He said they would receive 100 fold in this life and much greater rewards in heaven. We have been given 100 folds yet heaven waits. Also this month, I have received books from Dr. Ron Gearis, Mrs. Keith Stensas, Dr. Mark Rasmussen and my precious parents. Many have sent pictures which are truly encouraging and worth many letters. We have nothing to give in return so we offer our prayers to Almighty Father and Creator of this world on your behalf. I weep as I write this letter because I am not worthy of such love or sacrifices and yet Father continues to bestow abundant grace and favor in my life. I pray with you and for you and the raising of your children and the salvation of the lost. So soon, so very soon these tears and small trials will be passed away and nothing shall separate us from the love of God and His righteousness. Dear Brothers, lift your dear brothers in foreign lands who have given all for His service. I wish they all would feel as blessed, loved and encouraged as we are. They are most special in the eyes of our Father. We love you and pray the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you this next month.


Your brother,

Joshua Thompson


Note: To better understand why Joshua and His brother are in prison go to
www.remembermybonds.com They are wonderful men of God. They have been under persecution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home