Karla's blog

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. ~Proverbs 31:10~

Monday, May 08, 2006

Caleb Thompson's Letter From April 2006


Caleb D. Thompson
__________________________________________
1208295
Smith Unit: 1313 C.R. 19, Lamesa TEXAS 79331
March and April 2006

My Dearly Beloved Brethren,

“I feel that I should ask the Lord to break us, but I’m afraid of the results of such a prayer,” my wife tearfully confessed. I assured her that it would rejoice Father’s heart to hear it and that He would answer it in faithfulness and perfect love. The date was June 3o, 2002. Three days later the police entered the church to inform Joshua and me that criminal charges had been pressed against us. No doubt exists in my mind about the effectiveness of that prayer: God most definitely heard it and answered abundantly. He has answered several other prayers as generously.
In a moment of heightened spiritual experience, I spoke from my heart these words that I’d often sung before: “Whatever it takes to draw closer to you Lord, that’s what I’ll be willing to do; whatever it takes to be more like you, that’s what I’ll be willing to do: I’ll trade sunshine for rain, comfort for pain, that’s what I’ll be willing to do; for whatever it takes for my will to break, that’s what I’ll be willing to do; take the dearest thing from me, if that’s how it must be, for I’m placing my whole life in your hands…” I’m still wondering what in the world drove me to pray that! Less than a week later, my wife was removed from my visitation list, and we are soon to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary with eleven months of separation. I’m reminded everyday that God heard my prayer and believing me to be sincere, answered me sincerely!
I can point to another prayer that was definitely heard and continues to be answered with daily provision: I was foolishly doubting the validity of prayer one night after reviewing a list of unanswered prayers. In a desperate attempt to receive divine attention and approval, I decided to try out one of Christ’s prayers: “Not as I will, but what Thou wilt!” That prayer indisputably gained results. I would have filled up an “answered prayer” journal several times by now if I were recording the generous answers to this one. The Lord must have put this prayer in a perpetual “Yes” file, because the conditions I’ve faced over the last few years are certainly not as I will!
“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:7), was Christ’s condition for effective prayer. Abiding in Christ transforms us until what we will is His will. It is only safe for the Lord to grant our wills when once they are surrendered to His. Apart from Him and aside from His Word, one’s wills are not to be granted, but these were not our wills but our wonderings, and it is for our benefit that they were denied. In fact, some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. Searching through the pockets of a deceased Confederate soldier for any identification or contact information, a medic came upon a crumpled piece of paper with these words:

I asked God for health, that I might do great things:
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for strength, that I might achieve:
I was made weak, that I might learn to obey.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy:
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men:
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life:
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing I asked for, but everything I hoped for,
Despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.


How grateful I am that “the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered, and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:26,27).
It is my privilege to lift you all up in fervent, intercessory prayer, and “God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you.” However, I caution you that my prayers are for devotion, discipline, likeness to Christ, and eternal values, and just such a prayer resulted in my incarceration. If you wish to be removed from my prayer list, write and let me know! J The Lord be magnified! His yoke is easy, and His burden is light!


Your Loving Brother,

Caleb


Note:For better understanding of the unjust punishment of our dear brothers in Christ, Caleb and Joshua Thompson go to www.remembermybonds.com or in my links section. Thank You. Please go to the website it is important that you do. It would help them greatly. Please pray for them and their families and please get a petition from the website and circulate it and tell everyone you know about their situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home